FCSD School Board Petitions Available Monday, March 8, 2021
Petitions for the Board of Education’s election, set to take place on May 18, 2021, will be available on Monday, March 8, 2021. The election for board members runs concurrently with the 2021-2022 school budget vote.
Two seats will be contested during the May election.
Consistent with district policy, candidates for the Board of Education must meet the following qualifications:
- Be at least eighteen years of age
- Be able to read and write
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a qualified voter of the district
- Be a resident of the school district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year immediately before the election
- Has not been removed from any school district office within the preceding year
- Does not reside with any other board member
- Is not a current employee of the district
- Does not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office
No employee of the school district may be a member of the board; except as permitted by law. The term is three years and the positions are unpaid.
Petitions for nominating candidates can be obtained via appointment from the district clerk/superintendent’s office located at 129 Curtis St., Fulton, NY 13069. Appointments can be made between 8:00 am and 3:30 pm by calling 315.593.5511 and masks are required.
Petitions must be signed by at least 50 qualified voters of the Fulton City School District. The petitions must state the name and address of the candidate, and the residential address of each signer must also be provided. The petitions must be filed with the district clerk no later than 5:00 pm on April 28, 2021.