NYS Working Papers

  • 14 - 15 Years = Blue Card
    16 - 17 Years = Green Card
    Fulltime 16 - 17 = Salmon Card - Student must not be enrolled in school. Parent must be present for card.

    Required paperwork:

    • Completed Application w/parent signature.
    • Birth Certificate - Will make a copy must be legible.
    • Social Security Card - Must see name with number on official card. We use last 4 digits on working card. We do not keep a copy on file.
    • Physical Form - Physical must have been completed within the last year. Family Physician or nurse may fill this out.
    • Student must be present to obtain card.

    The application packet also is available in the counseling office.

  • Working Card Instructions

    Applications are available on the GRB Counseling Office
    website, can be mailed to home address or in the
    Counseling Office** during regular working hours.

    Once the application is completed the applicant can take
    pictures of the application, physical form (within the last 12
    months, can be completed by school nurse or family
    physician), birth certificate and social security card. Send
    pictures in an email to:


    Pictures of birth certificate and last 4 digits of SSN (you
    may cover the rest of the number) must be legible. Ensure
    that the address on the form is complete and legible. The
    card will be mailed to that address as soon as all the
    proper paperwork is received.