Notifications from the Fulton City School District
As part of our automated notification system, we may use email to announce important events. In the event of an emergency all student contacts will be emailed. For general announcements and absences, messages will go to the first and second contact on record.
Teachers and staff may also send individual, event or announcement emails through our Student Information System or directly through their school email account.
Automated Telephone Calls
As part of our automated notification system, we may make calls to announce important events. In the event of an emergency all student contacts will be called. For general announcements and absences, the first call preference will be notified.
Please Keep Us Up To Date
The contact information used for all of these services is updated yearly with information returned from the Annual Student Informaton Form. All information we have on file for your child was included in that form. If any information has changed please contact the District Registrar at 315-593-5513
Parents' Bill of Rights for Data Privacy and Security
The Common Core Implementation Reform Act (enacted in 2014) requires school districts to publish a “Parents' Bill of Rights for Data Privacy and Security” on their websites. At Fulton:
- A student’s personally identifiable information cannot be sold or released for any commercial purposes;
- Parents have the right to inspect and review the complete contents of their child’s education record
- State and federal laws protect the confidentiality of personally identifiable information, and safeguards associated with industry standards and best practices, including but not limited to, encryption, firewalls, and password protection, must be in place when data is stored or transferred;
- Parents may access the New York State Education Department’s “Student Data Elements List,” a complete list of all student data elements collected by NYSED. This list is available at: http://www.p12.nysed.gov/irs/sirs/documentation/NYSEDstudentData.xlsx, or a copy may be obtained by contacting the Fulton CSD Department of Instructional Support Services at email@example.com or (315) 593-5545; and
- Parents have the right to have complaints about possible breaches of student data addressed. Complaints may be submitted to:
Director of Instructional Support Services
167 S. Fourth Street
Fulton, NY 13069
Phone: (315) 593-5545