Welcome to the FCSD School-Home Liaison Website!
The mission of the School-Home Liaisons of the Fulton City School District is to advocate for, educate, and empower students and families to enhance their effective functioning and well-being in the context of our community.
SHL and Special Class Counselor Essential Standards
Essential standards are the knowledge and skills that all students need in order to be successful in school, home, and the community.
Identify and access supports within home, school and community.
Develop a sense of belonging in home, school and community.
- I can name at least one person at home who supports me and one way they meet my needs.
- I can name at least one person at school who supports me and one way they meet my needs.
- I can name at least one person in the community who supports me and one way they meet my needs.
Build self-confidence in the ability to succeed.
- I can identify at least one person or group in school I feel connected to
- I can identify to least one person at home that I feel connected to
- I can identify one community program/activity that I feel connected to
Recognize and demonstrate self-discipline and self-control.
- I can focus on my strengths.
- I can measure success in my accomplishments.
- I can set high expectations for myself.
- I can follow school wide expectations for behavior.
- I can attend school daily and on time.
- I can recognize when I am faced with a situation that is too difficult.
- I can ask for help when I need it.
- I can make a plan for when I am losing control.