|Mr. Mac's Kindergarten Class
Welcome to Mr. Mac's Kindergarten Class for the 2016-17 school year. I am very excited to have your child in my class this year. It is going to be an awesome year of fun and learning. Mrs. Southard is our aide in the room along with the help of Miss Emma. They are with us in the morning to help out with reading and writing. Mrs. Jackson and Mrs. Briggs come in the afternoon to help us with math. To get started, I would like to let you know what our daily schedule looks like.
8:40-9:00: Students arrive, put things away, announcements, morning warm-up
9:00-9:20: Social Emotional Learning
9:20-10:00: Whole Group ELA Skills Instruction
10:00-10:50: Small Group ELA Skills Instruction
11:45-12:15: Writing Skills Group
1:00-1:30: Whole Group Math Instruction
- Monday: Art with Mr. Jerred
- Tuesday: Phys. Ed./Gym: with Mr. Harvey (Please bring sneakers).
- Wednesday: Library with Mrs. Sommers
- Thursday: Music with Mr. Padilla
- Friday: Phys.Ed./Gym with Mr. Harvey (Please bring sneakers).
1:30-2:00: Small Group Math Instruction
2:00-2:30: Listening and Learning
3:10-3:35: Get ready for home and bus call
Just a few reminders:
- Please make sure sneakers are worn or left in school on gym days. If you haven't sent in an old shirt for an art smock, please send one in asap.
- Please make sure to check the snack calendar for your child's turn to bring in snack. We have 21 students with no allergies. You can send in just the snack with napkins and cups. You do not have to send in drinks, but if you choose to, please send in juice pouches or boxes.